How much will I earn?
Using a property for film locations can be lucrative. Film location fees can be substantial but very much depends on the type of production and the facilities being used. There is no typical fee per day for the use of a house, but larger scale use can attract far higher fees for each day of filming.
It really depends on many aspect including the following (but not only):
- How many days
- How many crew will be involved
- How much of your property will be used
- What facilities will be used
For example a garden shooting including 6 crew for 5 hours will earn less than if at the same property there were 30 crew and they filmed inside and outside the house, and remained there for the entire day.
Do I need to be present?
No you don’t need to be, although having at least one person there that is familiar with the property is needed to help the crew orientate themselves and find and use the necessary facilities. This could be you or your property manager / gardener.
Real Prime can take care of everything for you including having a property manager present each day of filming.
What does a film production need?
Even the most straightforward site requirement in theory can prove far from easy in practice. The compromise between a real-life location and a set will be dictated by the budget, time constraints and the ability to recreate a scene artificially. With film production comes a lot of people and equipment. The cast and crew can number in the hundreds. They could require:
- Good road access
- Running water
- Space for Dressing Rooms
- Place for Dining for the crew
- Space for filming equipment much of which arrives in large lorries which need to be situated close to the set. So although the set can be quite small, the ‘base’ location can be vast and can cause widespread disturbance
- The ability to film without aeroplanes flying overhead or members of the public walking across a scene on a right of way is vital. A secluded location can be attractive as secrecy is often a requirement on set.
Where are film crews looking?
This depends on the film and the scene / scenes needed captured however it can range from a
- railway station
- a river
- luxury villa
- decrepit cottage
- beach scene
- parks etc…